Lenten Season: Journey to the Cross
Join us for prayer and worship:
- Wednesday, February 14-Soup and bread supper followed by Ash Wednesday Worship.
- Celebrate Palm Sunday with a procession of Palms. Song and dance with our children during Sunday Worship. An Easter Egg hunt will follow the service
- Observe Maundy Thursday by attending a Devotional Supper. We will share a 3 course potluck meal and observe the tradition of the Last Supper on Thursday, March 29 at 6:30 PM.
- Remember the pain and suffering of the Cross as we remember Good Friday on Friday, March 30 at 7pm.
- Rejoice at the empty tomb on Easter Sunday. Sunrise service at 7:30 in the Duffin Memorial Garden followed by Easter Breakfast. Morning worship at 9:30 with special music by our choir
Individual prayer and observance:
- Suggested readings, scripture and prayer from the Lenten devotional booklet “Journey to the Cross”
- Give to those in need by donating to the Food Pantry Drive sponsored by the Outreach Commission throughout Lent
- Give of yourself through random acts of kindness-one for every day of Lent
- Fast by choosing to give up one thing from your daily routine-perhaps coffee, chocolate or carbs, and donate the money you have saved to a favorite charity